People go abroad for tourist purposes. They travel to explore new values, traditions, cultures, food, and lifestyles. Everyone wishes to travel abroad and visit new places. This adds value to life. In recent years the trend of going abroad has been tremendously increasing. More and more people are traveling to visit and explore new countries. Apart from traveling, people going abroad for studying or for settling purposes is also increasing. More and more students are looking up to go abroad and study. People are frequently shifting with their families.
Going and living there, however, comes with many difficulties and problems. But one major trouble that mostly comes a way for people is food. Food is essential for living. One cannot go away without food. Indians mostly suffer from disadvantages of finding and settling for food in the long term that soothes and matches with their taste buds. The vast number of Indians are vegetarians and they suffer from this problem of finding veg food abroad since meat is a widely eaten food there. One can settle for local food there for some time but not for a very long time. Everyone lovesthe traditional homely food even away from home.
To cater to this problem many Indian restaurants have been opening up abroad. These restaurants aim at providing high-quality Indian food to people living there. It helps people in fitting there and enjoy tasty Indian food on a foreign land. These restaurants provide a common ground to Indian people abroad. Earlier few Indian restaurants were there. But with more and more people going abroad and with its growth and with high demand for Indian food by Indians as well as foreigners, many Indian restaurants have come up in recent years. One can easily locate Indian restaurants near them.
Features of these restaurants are-
- Huge variety: They provide a huge variety of traditional Indian food. They provide Punjabi, South Indian, Gujarati, Rajasthani, etc. It provides variety to people to choose from and relish their favorite food.
- Fresh and healthy: They aim at providing fresh and healthy food for people. They ensure that the food they provide is healthy and tasty.
- Helps in adjusting: People going abroad find it hard to adjust to the food they get there. They may be able to survive for a short period, but in the long term, they need something permanent. These restaurants by providing traditional food help in adjusting people abroad with the cultures and traditions.
- Social interaction: One can easily find Indians in an Indian restaurant. This gives a common ground to Indians abroad to interact and meet fellow Indians and bond with them and make themselves comfortable.
- Great business opportunity: Such restaurants are a great business opportunity for many people. When people go abroad, they find it difficult to adapt to their food. They search for Indian restaurants. A good restaurant providing excellent food will be successful in the long run.
It can be concluded that such restaurants are running very successful abroad. They are a great opportunity for businessmen and a great place for Indians looking for Indian food. Indian restaurant Brookline is one example of such a restaurant.