The rugs are important for the beautification of space. The rugs are considered as an accessory to make the place more attractive and add a special touch to the interiors to space. The rugs are special as they add a warm and appealing touch to the place. The natural fiber rugs are very trendy these days. They have their uniqueness and usefulness. They are eco-friendly as they are made of natural fibers.
There is a kind of natural rug that is wholly different that is sisal rugs. The sisal is a natural fiber, is highly durable, and has similar features to that of hemp, jute, or coir rugs. The sisal rugs without any doubt are beautiful and ever-lasting and perfect for whether it is a bedroom, hallway, office, or living room. Here are certain things that one should know about sisal rugs:
- Origin of Sisal rugs
The sisal rugs are made of sisal fiber that is obtained from a plant called agave sisalana. The plants grow in arid climates. The sisal fiber is highly tensile that makes it a good fiber for making ropes and strings. The sisal is naturally tan colored and is treated in such a way that twines can be produced. Further, these twines are used to make sisal rugs.
- Benefits of Sisal rugs
The sisal rugs have a lot of benefits over other rugs such as:
- The sisal rugs are highly stain-resistant hence they do not need any chemical treatments to be clean.
- The sisal does not conduct electricity. Other carpets usually build static electricity on windy and dry days. Hence, this makes sisal a better choice.
- The sisal rugs are highly durable and they hardly get worn off.
- The sisal rugs are strong and they are considered to be flexible at the same time. The rugs are a go-to option for high traffic areas such as hallways.
- The sisal can be woven with other fibers to make the rug more durable and soft. The sisal can be combined with wool or seagrass to make a tightly woven rug.
- Cleaning Sisal rugs
The rugs are to be maintained properly so that they have a longer life. The sisal rugs should be cleaned with proper care so that the texture and the color of the rug are not ruined. Also, it should be washed with care as too much water can make the rug shrink. One should also keep the sisal rug away from moisture and humid places. Also, to avoid stains on the rug, one should immediately clean it if anything is spilled on the rug. One can also use a vacuum to pick up dirt and other dry materials from the rug. One can go for dry cleaning to make the rug look like a new one.
Hence, these are the great things that one should surely know about the sisal rugs. The sisal rugs are strong and versatile and a go-to option for one’s place.