Lighting is the most neglected and underestimated component of the whole home. A lot of people are unable to understand the aesthetics’ and functionalities provided by lighting. Lighting also has various impacts on the well-being and the emotions of the people living in a particular place. This is the main reason behind the success of LED manufacturers in Mumbai.
All the emotions, both negative as well as positive are intensely felt under the bright light. At the workplaces, people always feel productive when there is proper natural light. A lot of studies have been conducted on mammals as well as rats to understand the effects of light under different situations. As a result, lighting has a lot of impact on the mood, sleep, appetite, memory and behaviour of the mammals. Same is the case with humans.
Lighting can be considered as both sciences as well as art. Lighting can help in affecting the mood as well as sleep. To have a proper lighting strategy and it’s in-depth and great implementation one requires a professional who will fully understand the lighting systems and designing. The whole concept requires a lot of technical knowledge along with good interior designing knowledge. Also putting various new fixtures into proper places requires professional skills which cannot be done by one. So, this concept should be paid proper attention and should not be underestimated in any of the cases.
Following are some of the factors that influence the lighting design:
- The space and size of the room
- The age and preference of the person living there
- The height of the ceiling as well as the shape of the ceiling
- The colour of the furniture and walls of the room
- The existing lights and other setups in the room
- The main highlight areas of the room
- The traffic patterns and shadows
- The reflections and colour appearances of the room
- The energy efficiency aspect
- The level and type of illumination required
- The physiological and psychological factors affecting people living there
- The documentation and other compliance with electrical standards
- The characteristics of the surface
- The lighting control as well as distribution
To achieve goals associated with the lighting following are some of the lighting types and fixtures available with the people:
– The surface lights: These are the fixtures on the surfaces and are usually visible against the ceiling or the wall. These are most commonly found in the hall, bedroom and entryway.
– The pendant lights: These kinds of lights hang down from the ceiling to downward direction with the help of chain or cable. These are most commonly found in areas where ceilings are very high or dining rooms and kitchens.
-The recessed lights: These kinds of lights are also called hidden lights and are installed in the cavities made in the ceiling. The light source cannot be seen directly and this is also called an indirect form of lighting. There is a great variety of light sources in this concept.
– The track lights: These kinds of lights provide several flexible options. These might include several bulbs on the track along with multiple voltage circuits. One can have these lights suspended from the ceiling or can also get them installed as surface lights. The colours and styles provided in this category are very amazing. Installation of such lights requires proper professional help and consultation.
-The portable lights: These lights as the name tells are portable and can be plugged in electrical outlets. Further categorization into this is the battery operated lights which are becoming highly popular. These kinds of lights are used in the desks and tables. Floor lamps are another category in this concept. Variety in the form of colour and style is available in this type.
– The landscape lighting: The landscape lighting includes the bullet lights, decorating, motion sensors and security lighting. Such lights require professional installation and timely maintenance.
Following are some of the general lighting tips:
– The dim controls are highly advisable for the areas where electricity use is cut and these options help to provide more flexible options of lighting.
-Lighter colours and reflections can be used so that the desired atmosphere can be created. Another good option is to use mirrors and reflective type of services to add shinier and brighter appearance in the whole room.
– Coloured light bulbs should be very carefully used otherwise they can destroy the whole team and atmosphere. The warm colours are advised to create an inviting atmosphere and can be used very easily in dining rooms and living rooms. On the other hand, lighter colour options like blue and colour colours can be used in calm areas like the bedroom.
-The level of lighting in the home of the individual will depend upon the natural light which the room is receiving. It is highly advisable to take me the advantage of natural light up to the best possible levels because natural light is known to provide positive impacts on the mood, behaviour and health of the individual‘s.
-To enhance the calmness and a relaxing environment in an area lowlight is preferred. Bright lights can be used in the high focus areas so that activities can be increased and productivity can be improved for example in the workplaces and schools.
-Another good option to save a lot of money is to use CFL and LED lights so that one can save in terms of money as well as energy.
– One must contact the professionals at the time of installation of these fixtures. This will help to provide great peace of mind to the individual. Also the professional will be suggesting various combinations of lights which will make sense with the whole environment of the home or any other place where one wants to install the lights.
The manufacturers of LED lights in Mumbai are highly popular because of the immense features and functionalities provided by them. There are various companies which provide effectively as well as efficient services which make the consumers highly satisfied and loyal towards them.